THIS POSTING IS FOR LIFEGUARD POSITIONS IN OUR NEW ORLEANS REGION
- Preventing accidents and emergencies in the aquatics facility
- Responding as trained in the case of an emergency
- Enforcing pool rules effectively, courteously, and consistently
- Interacting professionally and respectfully with guests
- Participating in staff meetings and in-service trainings
- Maintaining a clean and hazard-free pool and deck area
- Testing water chemistry and performing cleaning tasks as trained
Seasonal, Generally 20-35 hours per week
Pay Rate Information (New Structure Starting w/ 2023 Season):
- Candidates wishing to work only at one location with only a few exceptions are considered Lifeguard I and start at $11.50/hr, before bonus opportunities. A Lifeguard I can expect to be schedule at their home facility in nearly all situations, and will only be assigned outside of their home pool for training. A Lifeguard I is allowed to pick-up shifts at other pools but will not be assigned.
- Candidates willing to work shifts at other pools in their region (usually less than 25% of shifts assigned) are considered Lifeguard II and start at $13.25/hr, before bonus opportunities. Although the vast majority of a Lifeguard II's shifts will be at the home location, they will be scheduled at other pools in their region.
- Candidates will be asked in their interview for which position, Lifeguard I or Lifeguard II, they wish to be considered.
Must be American Red Cross lifeguard certified by the first day of work. Candidates may apply and interview for a position before taking the lifeguard certification course, with a job offer contingent on successfully achieving certification. To register, visit www.selaaquatics.com
Must be at least 15 years old by the last day of the lifeguard course.